Tonight I chose Physical Self Care to write about because I am finding myself struggling with this one lately. This weighs in on Mental self care because even something as simple as drinking enough water can change how your body and hormones react.
Physical Self care involves the routine of maintaining physical self care such as diet and exercise and how it will help to maintain a better mental state!
First lets start with basics. As always I am not a doctor, I am not a psychologist and I recommend while taking these routines into play that you need to seek professional help if you are struggling with any mental issue! Remember there is NO SHAME in asking for help!
- Drink More water.
- we have always heard we should drink 8- 8 oz glasses of water daily. However more lately I have heard and from what my doctor has told me is that you need to drink water according to your body weight. I am including a helpful chart so that you may be able to start getting closer to your target water intake!
- Eat and Maintain a well Balanced Diet.
- This means less crud like bread and pasta ( I know they are so good). More of the greens, veggies and fruits. Proteins too! Find a diet that is best for you and stick with it!
- cut the sweets out. dont eliminate all together if you do choose to indulge BUT do so wisely. Do not over do it!
- Diet is a huge thing I really struggle with so start small if this is the issue. start by one healthy meal and one healthy snack and then over time add more!
- Get more Sunshine and Exercise!
- you will be honestly be surprised and how much this alone will boost your overall mood and attitude.
- Go for a hike or a walk in nature! Mountains and trees or down by the sea. Nature is very relaxing and often times peaceful enough so that you can unwind.
- yoga, and meditation
- Exhaust yourself physically and catch a solid night of sleep.
- If you have to run a mile run a mile
- do yard work or something that will require a lot of physical energy.
- do not take a nap keep yourself going. if you do this you will sleep better at bed time.
- Set a solid sleep routine. this means go to bed every night at the same time and wake up at the same time.
- If you are like me and work in an office type setting where you do not find yourself getting much exercise stand up and walk in place for minutes throughout your day.
- you can also do things like get yourself a hair cut, do your makeup, or even just dress up.
- No you do not have to have a reason to dress up! dress up for you!
Just doing these things is enough to help maintain the physical aspect of self care. change it up and you will be surprised at how your mood changes!
Tell me what you do to maintain your physical self care?? Tell me below in the comments!!